Benefits of Montessori Private Kindergarten and Elementary
Deciding your child’s future education can be very stressful. We all want the very best for our children as we watch them grow by leaps and bounds each day. Montessori Country Day School is fortunate to have incredibly loving and experienced teachers. We hope to help you navigate your way through this decision making process by helping you weigh your options. The best way to make your final decision is to personally meet with your child’s potential educators to discuss the plan you have for your child’s education.
Pros of Private K./Private Elem:
- Pro #1: Consists of smaller class sizes and lower student to teacher ratios insuring more care and individualized education for the students. We also have a flexible schedule in that all or part of the Private Kindergarten year can be done less than 5 days per week.
- Pro #2: Private programs are allowed the flexibility to choose the curriculum and assessment model they wish; allowing each child to be successful at their own pace. Public schools MUST follow state guidelines and the district pacing guidelines for each topic/subject taught.
- Pro #3: Private kindergarten has the freedom to be highly specialized, offering differentiated learning, advanced curriculum and individual attention, including individual reading lessons. Public schools do not have this independence due to the regulations and bureaucratic processes that govern (and sometimes hinder) them.
- Pro #4: Teachers also are not compelled to focus on test scores. As a result, teachers tend to enjoy more autonomy in the classroom and have more creative control over their teaching methods.
- Pro #5: Our school encourages parents' participation, and, in turn, parents are extremely committed to having a say in their child's education.
- Pro #6: Private kindergarten programs are designed to focus on specific values, such as: honesty, friendship, respect, and integrity.
- Pro #7: Private school students typically score higher than public school students on standardized tests according to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Cons of Private K./Private Elem:
- Con #1: Teacher may not have state license teaching certification & meet state-mandated criteria; however, NOT the case in MCDS Elementary Class. Our Elementary teacher is certified by the state as well as Montessori certified.
- Con #2: Tuition-based and therefore, more expensive than the free public school system.
- Con #3: Limited extra-curricular activities on-site.
Follow these links to see what parents are saying about us:
Google Maps Reviews: https://goo.gl/Ay9Au1
Great Schools Reviews: https://goo.gl/cvr3ab
Trulia Reviews: https://goo.gl/rAKtZh
Yelp Reviews: https://goo.gl/eojHDX
Our Parents' Perspective: